We work closely with in-house counsel as an extension of their own legal teams, building on our industry and sector knowledge and our own in-house experience to get to grips quickly with our client’s individual businesses. We try to work like you do: providing pragmatic advice balancing risk management against the need to keep the wheels of the business turning.
We regularly assist in-house legal teams by advising on specific contracts or projects as well as by providing interim and overflow support during periods when the legal team’s resource is stretched.
You’ll see that while we can offer expertise comparable to a boutique law firm and are happy to support large, business-critical projects, we’re also happy to take on a “no job too small” approach to overflow work. Our in-house clients tell us that a significant challenge is dealing with the regular influx of day-to-day contracts in a cost-effective way. We offer both exceptionally competitive rates, and the confidence and experience to deal efficiently with low-risk matters without “over-lawyering” the job.
Some examples of recent work are:
- drafting outsourced procurement contracts, liaising with the client’s legal and procurement teams, for two multi-£million projects;
- providing contracts for European and UK Government funded collaborations and projects (both academic and commercial), addressing consortium and sub-contracting arrangements;
- negotiating and concluding contracts with suppliers, from IT support and GMP consultancy to temp and agency recruitment;
- providing general “ad-hoc” support for in-house teams’ internal clients on day-to-day matters (minor contractual disputes, minor contracts for cleaning, software licences, customer amendments to the client’s standard terms, NDAs);
- supporting GDPR compliance projects in companies from start-ups to multinationals.
In short: we see in-house counsel as a real “sweet spot” for our business, and we don’t think anyone can serve you better.
Max slotted right in. He was able to build up relationships with key stakeholders very quickly and provided accurate, clear and commercially focused advice. A real support to me and the team during a challenging period. Highly recommend.
As the sole legal counsel at Perspectum Diagnostics there are times when I required an extra pair of hands. Max proved to be a safe pair of hands in providing the commercial legal support I needed. He is responsive, knowledgable, pragmatic and consequently, excellent value for money. He can provide a seamless adjunct to an overstretched legal team or act as an ad hoc legal counsel to smaller companies. I would have no hesitation in recommending Max.
Max has been a brilliant source of support to my department while we have been filling some new positions. He is very quick, both quick to grasp what you need and also to turn around the work. All work has also been completed to a very high standard, including some complex drafting on substantial contracts. He has a calm and professional manner and has negotiated solutions on a number of tricky points. We simply could not have managed without Max over the last few months.