We love start-ups. We are a startup. And we think they like us too.
Because we run lean, we’re uniquely positioned to provide start-ups with legal support at an appropriate price point: essential when you’re bootstrapping. We’ve also been situated bang in the middle of Oxford’s digital and technological clusters for the entirety of our legal careers, and in our previous firms and our current business have watched and supported dozens of businesses in their early growth. Chances are we’ll be familiar with the challenges you’re facing (and even those which you may not be expecting).
Some examples of recent work are:
- providing e-commerce businesses with standard terms for sales of products, online services and digital contents;
- providing a professional consultancy with standard terms of engagement, together with “playbook” guidance to assist in negotiating standard customer queries and amendments (saving future legal spend);
- assisting clients in negotiation of their first “big” customer contracts, based on the customers’ standard purchasing terms;
- negotiating and concluding commercial partnership arrangements (including white-label software licensing and API integrations);
- drafting the complete suite of standard terms for online platforms introducing vendors to customers across a range of industries;
- conducting a “health check” of businesses’ IP position and standard contracts before seeking investment or exit, to minimise “red flags” for potential investors or buyers; and
- guest lecturing on IP issues on an entrepreneurship module at Queen Mary University, London.
Max was such a find for our online digital image website. Throughout the whole process of preparing our legal documents Max could not have been more helpful and informative. Everything was explained during each stage and his bespoke T&Cs were tailored exactly to our requirements. Nothing was too much trouble and Max definitely exceeded our expectations. We cannot recommend Max highly enough.
I found Max to be extremely friendly and helpful, and he had obviously done his research about my business before responding to my request, which was incredibly reassuring. I would highly recommend Max, and would certainly use his services again. Very thorough and went above and beyond my expectations.
Max was a genuine pleasure to work with. He was very knowledgeable and offered insight and solutions to problems I hadn't even considered, whilst delivering a high quality service for a reasonable price. I never felt as if he was trying to maximise profit from the job or that he had any hidden costs. Throughout the work I felt he was conscious of delivering an excellent result and developing a harmonious and mutually beneficial working relationship, which we did.
Max is a great person to work with - an eye for detail and very clear communications. Will definitely work with him if we have similar projects in future.
Max is our "on demand" in-house counsel here at tiney. He's extremely efficient, knowledgeable, dilligent and - importantly - pragmatic, which is particularly helpful in our startup environment. I've been particularly impressed by how quickly he's become an expert in our sector law too, where it feels like he's really gone above and beyond for us. Would highly recommend.